Sunday, October 24, 2010

Moong Dosa - Cherupayar Dosa



This is a left over recipe which i have found to save the dosa batter if it's left over. Sometimes after making dosa or idly the batter will be left over which will not be enough in quantity to use it next time for breakfast or dinner for me and my husband. So i thought of making a new type of dosa which is the actual fusion of north indian cheela and south indian dosa. I have named it moong dosa. I don't know whether the actual moong dosa is made like this.

Ingredients

Dosa batter - 2 cups
moong dal - 2 cups
Green chilly - 1 or 2 according to your spice level
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
methi powder - 2 tbsp
salt - as required

Soak moong dal for 2-3 hrs. Grind it with all the ingredients apart from dosa batter adding little bit of water. The ground moong dal better should be of the consistency of idly batter. Mix it with the dosa batter well.
Now heat the tawa and make dosa in the same way like dosa is made.

It can be served with chilly or onion chutney.

2 comments:

  1. this is really innovative .. i chanced upon ur blog accidentally ... it is interesting to see this combination .. my mom used to make misi dosa where we mix green gram batter and idli batter to make dosa... ur version reminds me of my moms recipe... btw i am food blogger too if u get time do visit my blog

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Satya, i had visited your blog. I am new to those kind of recipes and would definitely like to try them out. Tried to post comment but it took me a long time so i dropped it. So replying here itself..Your blog looks so professional:-)

    ReplyDelete